Parksville 2023-2027 Financial Plan Meetings
February 13, 2023
Public input is an important part of the City of Parksville’s financial planning process and Council wishes to receive input from residents and businesses prior to financial plan deliberation meetings in March and April. This input will help to inform the City’s 2023-2027 financial plan.
The City’s annual budget is part of a five-year financial plan which sets out the services and initiatives for the next five years and how the City of Parksville will pay for them. The City strives to maintain quality programs and services for our residents and keep taxes affordable for businesses and homeowners.
Council meetings to discuss the new financial plan will be held as follows:
Wednesday, March 15 - 10 am
Wednesday, March 22 - 10 am
Monday, March 27 - 1 pm
Wednesday, April 12 - 6 pm
Here are ways residents may engage in the financial planning process:
- Submit comments by email to email@example.com.
- Residents wishing comments to be considered by Council prior to the meetings, should be received by 4 pm on the working day before the meeting (March 14, March 21, March 24 and April 11).
- Meetings may be viewed live and archived through webstreaming from the City’s website.
- Comments, questions and ideas may be posted to the City’s online engagement site, Let’s Talk Parksville.
- Participate in our online survey. Results will assist Council to better understand where funds should be spent in 2023. Survey is open until February 24 and may be accessed from the City’s website.
- Please note, all comments regarding the financial plan received by the City will form part of the public record.
If you wish to familiarize yourself with the City’s financial planning process, previous years’ plans and presentations may be viewed on Let’s Talk Parksville and on the City’s website.