Parksville 2023-2027 Financial Plan Meetings
March 29, 2023
Open Council meetings to discuss the 2023-2027 financial plan will continue into April. Public input is an important part of the City’s financial planning process and helps to inform the plan. The City’s annual budget is part of a five-year financial plan which sets out the services and initiatives for the next five years and how the City of Parksville will pay for them. The City strives to maintain quality programs and services for our residents and keep taxes affordable for businesses and homeowners.
The next open Council meetings to discuss the 2023-2027 financial plan are scheduled as follows:
- Monday, April 3 at 1 pm - discussion on the financial plan will be part of the regular Council meeting. The City’s equipment replacement reserve will be discussed.
- Wednesday, April 5 at 10 am - to discuss water fund and sanitary sewer fund financial plans.
- Wednesday, April 12 at 6 pm - additional information requested by Council and consideration of property tax and utility rate scenarios.
- Monday, May 1 at 1 pm - as part of the regular Council meeting, setting of the property tax rates and readings of financial plan and utility rates bylaws.
- Monday, May 8 at 1 pm - adoption of bylaws from May 1 meeting.
Here are ways residents may continue to engage in the financial planning process:
- Submit comments by email to email@example.com.
- Residents wishing comments to be considered by Council prior to the meetings, should be received by 4 pm on the working day before the meeting (March 31, April 4, and April 11).
- Meetings may be viewed live and archived through webstreaming from the City’s website.
- Comments, questions, and ideas may be posted to the City’s online engagement site, Let’s Talk Parksville.
- All comments about the financial plan received by the City will form part of the public record.
If you wish to familiarize yourself with the City’s financial planning process, previous years’ plans and presentations may be viewed on Let’s Talk Parksville and on the City’s website.
For more information:
Deb Tardiff, Manager of Communications
firstname.lastname@example.org; 250 954-3087